Archive for October, 2011

Update to 64-bit Flash in Arch

A few months ago I posted how to get the native 64 bit flash player plugin installed on an Arch system.  The process has been simplified, the plugin is now part of the Arch package repository and as such can be installed using pacman.  Hooray!  Just run pacman -S flashplugin

Advertisements

The conclusion of the QGIS trilogy

Thrilling!  The pkgbuild has been updated on AUR, as of 1.7.1-2 QGIS compiles cleanly if you have version 5 of qwt, not version 6.

QGIS 1.7.1 continued

To get the 1.7.1-1 AUR package to compile add the following to the PGKBUILD file:

-DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so \
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python2 \
-DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR=/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages \
-DPYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/python2.7

 

Also, if you have the current version of qwt installed via pacman you’ll have to uninstall it and re-install qwt5 via AUR.

PostGIS & Qgis updated on Arch

PostGIS 1.5.3 has been recompiled for the Arch package repository, it now works out of the box with Postgres 9.1.

QGIS 1.7.1 has been added to AUR, but it is not compiling correctly for me.  It tried adding a flag to the PGKBUILD file that specified where the Python 2 libraries were held, but the compile still bombed out.  There are a few more tricks to try, hopefully I’ll stumble upon the right combination.  If I do maybe I’ll submit my first PGKBUILD to AUR.

Well, that was quick

Compile from source, problem solved.  Plus now I’ve got the shp2pgsql GUI to play with.  Huzzah!

I should have used the silent option when restoring the database dump.  2 GB worth of insert successful messages take forever to scroll by.

Upgraded Postgres, borked PostGIS

Oops.  Postgres 9.1 hit the Arch repositories a few weeks ago, and I finally decided to run the upgrade.  I dumped all my databases, ran the upgrade, and re-imported the dumps.  Now PostGIS is totally borked, the geography datatype isn’t recognized and most of the PostGIS functions aren’t in the database.  I tried re-installing PostGIS via Pacman, but that didn’t help.  Arch’s forums and wiki are both down, I’m going to wait until they pop back up to see if there’s something I missed there.  If not, I’ll try installing PostGIS from source.